Generic Name and Formulations:
Fesoterodine fumarate 4mg, 8mg; ext-rel tabs.
Indications for TOVIAZ:
Overactive bladder (OAB) with urge urinary incontinence, urgency, and frequency.
Swallow whole. 4mg once daily; max 8mg once daily. Severe renal insufficiency (CrCl<30mL/min) or concomitant potent CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, clarithromycin): max 4mg/day.
Urinary or gastric retention. Uncontrolled narrow angle glaucoma.
Severe hepatic impairment: not recommended. Discontinue promptly if angioedema with upper airway swelling occurs. Bladder outlet obstruction. Controlled narrow angle glaucoma. Hepatic or renal dysfunction. Myasthenia gravis. Decreased gastric motility. Monitor for CNS effects after treatment initiation or dose increases; consider dose reduction or discontinuation if occur. Exposure to high environmental temperatures. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
See Adult dose. Increased levels with potent CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, clarithromycin). Additive effects with other antimuscarinic or anticholinergic agents. Monitor with warfarin.
Dry mouth, constipation, urinary retention/UTI, blurred vision, dry eyes, back pain, insomnia, dyspepsia, cough; CNS effects (eg, dizziness, headache, somnolence).
Hepatic (CYP2D6, CYP3A4).
Renal (primarily), fecal.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder