Generic Name and Formulations:
Dexrazoxane 500mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; preservative-free.
Cumberland Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for TOTECT:
To treat extravasation resulting from IV anthracycline chemotherapy.
Give once daily for 3 consecutive days by IV infusion over 1–2 hours. Initiate 1st dose as soon as possible and within 1st 6 hours after extravasation. Days 1 and 2: 1000mg/m2; max 2000mg. Day 3: 500mg/m2; max 1000mg. Renal impairment (CrCl <40mL/min): reduce dose by 50%.
Myelosuppression: monitor CBCs. Renal impairment: monitor for hematological toxicity. Hepatic impairment: not recommended. Elderly. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy (avoid); exclude status prior to chemotherapy initiation. Use effective contraception during treatment and for 6 months (females) or 3 months (males) after final dose. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 2 weeks after final dose).
Avoid topical dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO). Caution with concurrent cytotoxic chemotherapy (additive cytotoxicity).
Inj site reactions, nausea, vomiting, pyrexia, infections, leukopenia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, elevated liver enzymes; hypersensitivity reactions (if severe, consider permanent discontinuation).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Panel Recommends Earlier Body Weight Monitoring in Use of Mood Stabilizers
- Nondaily Cigarette Use Increasing Among Individuals With Mental Health, Substance Use Disorders
- Cesarean Delivery, Early Childhood Antibiotic Use Not Associated With Risk for ADHD
- Uncertainty as a Form of Violence: Current Immigration Policy and Crisis
- FDA Gets Tough on Juul, Other Electronic Cigarette Makers