Generic Name and Formulations:
Dexrazoxane 500mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; preservative-free.
Cumberland Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for TOTECT:
To treat extravasation resulting from IV anthracycline chemotherapy.
Give once daily for 3 consecutive days by IV infusion over 1–2 hours. Initiate 1st dose as soon as possible and within 1st 6 hours after extravasation. Days 1 and 2: 1000mg/m2; max 2000mg. Day 3: 500mg/m2; max 1000mg. Renal impairment (CrCl <40mL/min): reduce dose by 50%.
Renal or hepatic impairment (monitor). Monitor for myelosuppression; obtain blood counts periodically. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid use. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO). Caution with concurrent cytotoxic chemotherapy (additive cytotoxicity).
Inj site reactions, nausea, vomiting, pyrexia, infections, leukopenia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, elevated liver enzymes.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders