Generic Name and Formulations:
Tobramycin 0.3%, dexamethasone 0.1%; oph. susp; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for TOBRADEX:
Ocular inflammation associated with infection or risk thereof.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: 1–2 drops every 2hrs for 1st 24–48 hrs, then every 4–6 hrs. Reduce dose as condition improves; max 20mL for initial ℞.
Viral, fungal, or mycobacterial infections of the eye.
Corneal or scleral thinning. Glaucoma. Monitor for secondary infections, intraocular pressure and cataracts in prolonged use. Monitor blood levels in combined aminoglycoside therapy. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Aminoglycoside + steroid.
Local effects (eg, eye pain, eyelids pruritus, eyelid edema, conjunctival hyperemia or erythema), increased intraocular pressure, glaucoma, cataracts, corneal perforations, optic nerve damage, delayed wound healing, secondary infection.
Susp—2.5mL, 5mL, 10mL; Oint—3.5g
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders