TOBRADEX OPH OINT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Tobramycin 0.3%, dexamethasone 0.1%; contains chlorobutanol.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for TOBRADEX OPH OINT:
Ocular inflammation associated with infection or risk thereof.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: apply small amount (½ inch) in conjunctival sac up to 3–4 times daily; max 8g for initial ℞.
Viral, fungal, or mycobacterial infections of the eye.
Corneal or scleral thinning. Glaucoma. Monitor for secondary infections, intraocular pressure and cataracts in prolonged use. Monitor blood levels in combined aminoglycoside therapy. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Aminoglycoside + steroid.
Local effects (eg, eye pain, eyelids pruritus, eyelid edema, conjunctival hyperemia or erythema), increased intraocular pressure, glaucoma, cataracts, corneal perforations, optic nerve damage, delayed wound healing, secondary infection.
Susp—2.5mL, 5mL, 10mL; Oint—3.5g
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Maternal Glucocorticoid Exposure Not Associated With ADHD in Offspring
- Ketamine Not Associated With PTSD Development in Military Trauma Setting
- Content, Quality Issues for Both Paper-Based and Electronic Health Records