Generic Name and Formulations:
Tenecteplase 50mg/vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution.
Indications for TNKASE:
To reduce mortality associated with acute myocardial infarction (AMI).
Start treatment soon after onset of AMI symptoms. Give as single IV bolus over 5 seconds. <60kg: 30mg; ≥60kg–<70kg: 35mg; ≥70kg–<80kg: 40mg; ≥80kg–<90kg: 45mg; ≥90kg: 50kg. Max: 50mg.
Active internal bleeding. History of cerebrovascular accident. Intracranial or intraspinal surgery or trauma within 2 months. Intracranial neoplasm, arteriovenous malformation, or aneurysm. Bleeding diathesis. Severe uncontrolled hypertension.
Avoid noncompressible arterial puncture, internal jugular and subclavian venous puncture, IM injections and nonessential handling of patient during treatment. Increased bleeding risk at puncture sites; minimize arterial and venous punctures. Increased risk of complications with recent major surgery, cerebrovascular disease, GI or GU bleeding, recent trauma, hypertension (systolic BP ≥180mm Hg and/or diastolic BP ≥110mm Hg), left heart thrombus, acute pericarditis, endocarditis, hemostatic defects, hepatic dysfunction, pregnancy, hemorrhagic ophthalmic conditions, septic thrombophlebitis, elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Increased bleeding risk with heparin, vitamin K antagonists, aspirin, dipyridamole, GP IIb/IIIa inhibitors. May interfere with coagulation tests.
Tissue plasminogen activator (tPA).
Bleeding, hypersensitivity reactions, cardiogenic shock, arrhythmias, AV block, pulmonary edema, heart failure, cardiac arrest, recurrent MI, myocardial rupture, cardiac tamponade, pericarditis, pericardial effusion, mitral regurgitation, thromboembolism, electromechanical dissociation, nausea, vomiting, hypotension, fever; cholesterol embolism.
Vial—1 (w. diluent, supplies)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?