THROMBATE III Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Antithrombin III (human) 500 IU, 1000 IU; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Grifols Biologicals, Inc.
Indications for THROMBATE III:
Treatment of patients with hereditary antithrombin III deficiency (AT-III) in surgical or obstetrical procedures and thromboembolism.
Give by IV infusion over 10–20 minutes. Individualized. Dose (units required)= [desired (% of normal) – baseline (% of normal) AT-III level] X weight (kg)/1.4. Loading dose: increase AT-III to 120% of normal. Subsequent dose should be based on AT-III levels obtained 20 minutes post-infusion, every 12hrs, and before the next dose. Maintain AT-III levels at 80–120% of normal for 2–8 days.
Surgery. Hemorrhage. Acute thrombosis. Monitor AT-III levels during treatment. Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission. Pregnancy (Cat.B).
Thrombin inhibitor (α2-glycoprotein).
Potentiates anticoagulant effect of heparin; reduce heparin dose.
Dizziness, chest tightness, nausea, taste disturbances, chills, cramps, shortness of breath, chest pain, light-headedness, bowel fullness, hives, fever, hematoma formation.
Report all infections suspected to be transmitted by Thrombate III to (800) 520-2807.
Single-use vial—1 (w. diluent, needles)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses