THROMBATE III Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Antithrombin III (human) 500 IU, 1000 IU; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Grifols Biologicals, Inc.
Indications for THROMBATE III:
Treatment of patients with hereditary antithrombin III deficiency (AT-III) in surgical or obstetrical procedures and thromboembolism.
Give by IV infusion over 10–20 minutes. Individualized. Dose (units required)= [desired (% of normal) – baseline (% of normal) AT-III level] X weight (kg)/1.4. Loading dose: increase AT-III to 120% of normal. Subsequent dose should be based on AT-III levels obtained 20 minutes post-infusion, every 12hrs, and before the next dose. Maintain AT-III levels at 80–120% of normal for 2–8 days.
Surgery. Hemorrhage. Acute thrombosis. Monitor AT-III levels during treatment. Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission. Pregnancy (Cat.B).
Potentiates anticoagulant effect of heparin; reduce heparin dose.
Thrombin inhibitor (α2-glycoprotein).
Dizziness, chest tightness, nausea, taste disturbances, chills, cramps, shortness of breath, chest pain, light-headedness, bowel fullness, hives, fever, hematoma formation.
Report all infections suspected to be transmitted by Thrombate III to (800) 520-2807.
Single-use vial—1 (w. diluent, needles)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder