The latest in psychiatric therapies and management
Latest Therapies Articles
Over the long term, overweight and obese patients with type 2 diabetes often regain weight lost during weight loss programs.
ECT significantly reduced headache incidence and severity.
Results of brain imaging studies demonstrate that "hypnosis influences all of the cortical areas and neurophysiological processes that underlie pain and emotions."
The ADA released detailed guidelines for psychosocial assessments and care based on factors including age, type of diabetes, and family support system.
The major issues of drug development are that pre-clinical animal efficacy studies do not accurately predict human efficacy, and clinical trials often inaccurately fail to show drug efficacy.
Connectivity in the right midfrontal gyrus may help predict placebo response. This finding has widespread implications in drug development.
The crystal structure may provide inspiration for designing drugs that refine efficacy and avoid adverse events.
Laughing about 10 minutes every day has similar benefits to eating vegetables, exercising, and meditating.
Dialectical behavioral therapy uses the concept of "radical acceptance" to help manage the psychological and emotional aspects of chronic pain.
Regular evaluation and assessment along with a personalized "step approach" is essential for effective pain management.
Drug News from MPR
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Cost-Effectiveness of Atomoxetine for Treating Children with ADHD
- Efficacy of Drugs for Psychosis, Relapse Prevention for Bipolar Depression, Mania
- No Evidence of Cognitive Impairment With Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate in ADHD
- Differential Testosterone Levels in Men, Women With Schizophrenia
- Plasma Autoantibodies Possible Biomarker for Schizophrenia
- Substance-Induced Psychosis Associated With Development of Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder
- Neuropsychiatric Events May Be Linked to Nitrated Nucleosome Levels in Lupus
- New APA Guideline Recommendation for Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder
- Reducing PTSD Symptoms: Propranolol Before Reactivation Therapy
- Cannabis Use Associated With Subsequent Psychotic Experiences in Adolescents
- Antidepressants More Effective Than Placebo for Acute Depression in Adults
- Positive Beliefs About Age May Protect Older Adults Against Dementia
- Electrical Stimulation of Amygdala May Improve Long-Term Memory
- Negative Symptoms of Schizophrenia May Be Reduced With MIN-101
- Apathy: An Important Predictor of Employment in Huntington Disease