THERAFLU WARMING RELIEF DAYTIME SEVERE COUGH & COLD OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 325mg, dextromethorphan HBr 10mg, phenylephrine HCl 5mg; per 15mL; liq; contains sodium 8mg/15mL; cherry flavor.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for THERAFLU WARMING RELIEF DAYTIME SEVERE COUGH & COLD:
Minor aches and pains. Fever. Headache. Nasal congestion. Cough.
30mL every 4 hours as needed. Max 180mL/24hrs.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Liver disease. Heart disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. COPD. Asthma. GI or GU obstruction. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of hepatotoxicity with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day; avoid. β-blockers increase pressor effect of sympathomimetics. Antagonizes antihypertensives.
Analgesic + antitussive + sympathomimetic.
Nervousness, dizziness, insomnia; hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder