THERAFLU FLU & CHEST CONGESTION HOT LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 1000mg, guaifenesin 400mg; pwd packets; natural citrus flavor; contains sodium 15mg, potassium 5mg, phenylalanine 24mg per packet.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for THERAFLU FLU & CHEST CONGESTION HOT LIQUID:
Minor aches and pains. Fever. Headache. Sore throat. Cough. Chest congestion.
Dissolve contents of 1 packet in 8oz of hot water; sip while hot. Consume entire drink within 10–15 minutes. Take every 6 hours; max 4 packets/24hrs.
Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Hepatic dysfunction. COPD. Asthma. Discontinue if symptoms worsen or persist after 2–7 days. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Analgesic + expectorant.
Increased risk of hepatotoxicity with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day; avoid.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- FDA Approves New Treatment for Opioid Dependence
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Smartphone-Based Psychoeducational Programs May Be Effective for Bipolar Disorder Management
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Risk Factors for Recurrent Suicide Attempts in Substance Use Disorder Outpatients