Generic Name and Formulations:
Benzonatate 100mg perles, 200mg caps.
Indications for TESSALON:
Adults and Children:
Swallow whole; do not suck or chew. <10yrs: not recommended. ≥10yrs: 100–200mg 3 times daily.
Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Drowsiness, headache, dizziness, GI upset, pruritus, skin eruptions; confusion, hallucinations (rare).
Perles, caps—100, 500
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age