Generic Name and Formulations:
Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids; aluminum adsorbed; susp for IM inj; preservative-free.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for TENIVAC:
Tetanus and diphtheria immunization in patients >7yrs.
Adults and Children:
<7yrs: not established. >7yrs: Give IM in deltoid muscle. Previously unvaccinated: three 0.5mL doses, administer first two doses 2 months apart and then third dose 6–8 months after second dose. Routine booster: give at 11–12yrs of age and every 10 years thereafter. Diphtheria and tetanus prophylaxis: see full labeling.
Anaphylaxis associated with a previous dose.
Guillain-Barre syndrome within 6 weeks of previous tetanus toxoid vaccine. Previous Arthus-type hypersensitivity reaction: not recommended until ≥10yrs after prior dose of tetanus toxoid-containing vaccine. Immunodeficiency. Have epinephrine (1:1000) available. Latex allergy (syringe tip cap). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant tetanus immune globulin (human): inject at separate site with separate needle and syringe if passive protection required. Immunosuppressants (eg, radiation, chemotherapy, high-dose steroids): may get suboptimal response.
Injection site reactions (eg, pain, redness, swelling), headache, malaise, muscle weakness, joint pain.
Single-dose vials (0.5mL)—10
Single-dose prefilled syringe (0.5mL)—10
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?