The ACASI ASSIST has good diagnostic accuracy for detecting unhealthy substance use and substance use disorder for tobacco, alcohol, marijuana, and cocaine use.
Children with ADHD who live in remote areas can benefit from pharmacotherapy through videoconferencing.
Telepsychiatry offers solutions for hospitals that can't justify the expense of employing full-time onsite psychiatrists.
An estimated 64% of patients are expected to book appointments online within the next five years.
Family medicine organization asks U.S. Department of HHS to broaden the definition of telemedicine and drop restrictive clause.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Depression High Among Medical Students
- Evidence Against Palliative Care in Long-term Eating Disorders
- Low-Dose Dexmedetomidine Reduces Postoperative Delirium in Older Patients
- Better Cognition for Older Adults Who Nap After Lunch
- Alzheimer's Disease is a Significant Risk Factor for Major Hip Fracture
- Cognitive Stress Reduces Levodopa Effect on Parkinson's Tremor
- Suicidal Ideation, Behavior Higher Among Those Seeking HIV Testing
- Alzheimer's Disease Accelerated by Mild Brain Injury
- First-Episode Schizophrenia Approaches Aided by Guidelines Instrument
- Hypertension Onset in Older Population May Protect Against Dementia