The ACASI ASSIST has good diagnostic accuracy for detecting unhealthy substance use and substance use disorder for tobacco, alcohol, marijuana, and cocaine use.
Children with ADHD who live in remote areas can benefit from pharmacotherapy through videoconferencing.
Telepsychiatry offers solutions for hospitals that can't justify the expense of employing full-time onsite psychiatrists.
An estimated 64% of patients are expected to book appointments online within the next five years.
Family medicine organization asks U.S. Department of HHS to broaden the definition of telemedicine and drop restrictive clause.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Sport Psychiatry: An Emerging Specialty
- Clinical Hypnosis May Be Effective for Cancer Pain, IBS, Headaches
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Continues to Be Vital Treatment for Depression in Elderly
- Prolactin-Related Symptoms Decrease with Reduced Risperidone Dosage
- Psilocybin May Provide Swift Relief From Depression, Anxiety in Cancer Patients
- Physical Activity During Midlife Influences Late Life Verbal Memory Performance
- Children With ADHD May Adapt More Poorly To Changes In Positive Reinforcement Patterns
- "Drunkorexia" Linked To Both Eating and Substance Use Disorders
- Updated Depression Screening Recommendations for Adults
- ADHD Symptoms in Adulthood Vary Based on Work Environment
- SPECT Imaging Offers More Accurate Diagnosis of Traumatic Brain Injury
- Medical Students at High Risk for Depression, Suicidal Ideation
- Acute Coronary Syndrome Patients Demonstrate Higher Risk of Suicide
- Psychoeducation No More Effective Than Peer Support at Reducing Time to Next Bipolar Episode
- No Difference Between Omega-3 & Placebo in Patients at Ultrahigh Risk for Psychosis