The ACASI ASSIST has good diagnostic accuracy for detecting unhealthy substance use and substance use disorder for tobacco, alcohol, marijuana, and cocaine use.
Children with ADHD who live in remote areas can benefit from pharmacotherapy through videoconferencing.
Telepsychiatry offers solutions for hospitals that can't justify the expense of employing full-time onsite psychiatrists.
An estimated 64% of patients are expected to book appointments online within the next five years.
Family medicine organization asks U.S. Department of HHS to broaden the definition of telemedicine and drop restrictive clause.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- The Current State of Autism: From Etiology to Treatment
- Augmentation Therapy for Treatment-Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
- Long-Term Cariprazine Safe, Tolerable for Schizophrenia
- Why Do Antipsychotics Cause Weight Gain?
- Is Aspirin Use Associated With a Decreased Incidence of Depressive Symptoms?
- emPATH Units as a Solution for ED Psychiatric Patient Boarding
- Antidepressants for Poststroke Depression: Comparative Efficacy and Acceptability
- New Model Shows High Accuracy in Predicting Response to Lithium
- Frequent Cannabis Use Associated With Increased Likelihood of MDD
- Protecting the Brain: The Damaging Impact of Traumatic Brain Injury
- Juvenile Bipolar Disorder: Intranasal Ketamine Effective, Well-Tolerated
- When Patients Are Pathological Liars: Implications For for Psychiatrists
- PTSD and Fibromyalgia: Can Opioid Combination Therapy Improve QOL?
- Psychotic Experiences Associated With Subsequent Suicidal Thoughts
- Cognitive Impairment in Adults With Depression Identified by THINC-it Screening Tool