TAVIST ALLERGY OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Clemastine (as fumarate) 1mg; scored tabs.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for TAVIST ALLERGY:
Respiratory allergy symptoms. Rhinorrhea/sneezing due to common cold.
1mg every 12 hours.
MAOIs. Asthma, lower respiratory disorders. Neonates. Premature infants. Nursing mothers.
Glaucoma. GI or urinary obstruction. Hyperthyroidism. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Elderly. Pregnancy.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants. Anticholinergic effects potentiated by MAOIs.
Drowsiness, dizziness, anticholinergic effects, paradoxical excitement.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Elevated Dopamine Synthesis Capacity Observed in Both Bipolar and Schizophrenia
- SSRI Use Associated With Increased Type 2 Diabetes Risk in Young Adults
- Specialty Physicians Experiencing Lack of Income Growth
- Improved Patient-Provider Communication Needed Following Urgent Care Visits
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV