TARINA FE 1/20 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Norethindrone acetate 1mg, ethinyl estradiol 0.02mg (21 tabs); inert+ (7 tabs); +contains ferrous fumarate 75mg.
Indications for TARINA FE 1/20:
1 tab daily for 28 days; repeat. Take at the same time daily with a meal or at bedtime. Use Day 1 or Sunday start for 1st cycle; use backup method for first 7 days.
Pre-menarchal: not applicable.
Thrombophlebitis or thromboembolic disorders. History of DVT. Cerebral vascular or coronary artery disease. Known or suspected breast carcinoma, endometrial carcinoma or other estrogen-dependent neoplasia. Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding. Cholestatic jaundice of pregnancy or jaundice with prior pill use. Hepatic adenoma or carcinoma. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Increased risk of cardiovascular events (eg, MI, stroke, DVT, VTE) esp. smokers >35 years of age. Discontinue if thrombotic event, unexplained visual changes, persistently elevated BP, or jaundice occurs, and at least 4 weeks before through 2 weeks after surgery associated with increased risk of thromboembolism, and during and after prolonged immobilization. Cardio- or cerebrovascular diseases. Increased risk of breast cancer or hepatic neoplasia. Hypertriglyceridemia. Obesity. Diabetes. Prediabetes. Gallbladder disease. Depression. Evaluate significant changes in headaches, abnormal vaginal bleeding, amenorrhea. Conditions aggravated by fluid retention; monitor. Do regular complete physical exams (eg, Pap smear, mammogram, BP). May need barrier contraception with Sunday starts or postpartum use (see full labeling). Postmenopausal women or nursing mothers: not recommended.
May be antagonized by rifampin, phenobarbital, phenytoin, carbamazepine, troglitazone, ampicillin, tetracycline, griseofulvin, phenylbutazone, others. May be potentiated by atorvastatin, ascorbic acid, acetaminophen. May antagonize acetaminophen, temazepam, salicylic acid, morphine, clofibric acid. May potentiate cyclosporine, prednisolone, theophylline. May affect lab tests (eg, coagulation factors, triglycerides, lipids, glucose tolerance, binding proteins, hormone binding globulins, serum folate).
Progestin + estrogen.
Hypertension, nausea, vomiting, breakthrough bleeding, change in menstrual flow, amenorrhea, temporary infertility after discontinuation, edema, melasma, headache, intolerance to contact lenses; serious cardiovascular events.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder