Most Recent Articles by Tara Haelle, MS
The potential consequences of providing cosmetic treatment to a patient with BDD can extend beyond ethical concerns.
FDA Approval of Medication With a Digital Monitoring System: Major Breakthrough or "Brave New World"?Jul 23, 2018
Abilify MyCite adds a digital sensor to the medication aripiprazole. The sensor, an ingestible event marker, is activated by contact with stomach acids and transmits a signal to a skin patch the patient wears, which then transmits to an app.
While researchers continue learning about specific interactions between poor sleep and psychotic symptoms, clinicians should be incorporating more comprehensive questions about sleep into their assessment of patients.
Parents using intervention strategies in addition to the interventionist working directly with the child can be very beneficial, as an interventionist only gets to see a child for a few hours a week.
One of the requirements for diagnosing OCD is that the individuals don't want to engage in their behaviors. However, youth with autism who have verbal skills often say that they feel content with their repetitive behaviors and have no interest in stopping them.
More Articles by Tara Haelle, MS
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Atypical Symptom Presentations in Pediatric OCD
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents
- Strong Social Networks May Mitigate the Effects of Childhood Adversity
- Light Therapy Effective for Older Adults with Nonseasonal Depression
- AMA Adopts Policy on Augmented Intelligence
- Parental Belief in Religion Lowers Child Suicide Risk
- Appetitive Symptoms, Fluoxetine, and Light Therapy: Predicting Treatment Response for Nonseasonal Major Depression
- Bipolar Disorder Patients Benefit From Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality