Generic Name and Formulations:
Ixekizumab 80mg/mL; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Lilly, Eli and Company
Indications for TALTZ:
Moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis in adults who are candidates for systemic therapy or phototherapy.
Rotate inj site (eg, upper arms, thighs, or any quadrant of abdomen). ≥18yrs: 160mg (given as two 80mg SC injections) at Week 0, then 80mg at Weeks 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12, then 80mg every 4 weeks.
<18yrs: not evaluated.
Increased risk of infections. If a serious infection develops, monitor closely and discontinue until resolves. Evaluate for TB infection and treat latent TB prior to initiating; monitor for active TB during and after therapy. Active TB infection: do not start. History of latent or active TB without confirmed adequate course of treatment: consider anti-TB therapy prior to initiation. Monitor for inflammatory bowel disease. Discontinue immediately and treat if a serious hypersensitivity reaction occurs. Complete all age appropriate immunizations based on current guidelines prior to initiating. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant live vaccines. Monitor CYP450 substrates with narrow therapeutic index (eg, warfarin, cyclosporine); consider dose adjustment of these substrates.
Inj site reactions, upper respiratory tract infections, nausea, tinea infections.
Single-use prefilled autoinjector—1, 2, 3; Single-use prefilled syringe—1, 2, 3
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder