TAGAMET HB OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Cimetidine 200mg; tabs.
Prestige Brands, Inc.
Indications for TAGAMET HB:
Prevention and relief from heartburn, acid indigestion, and sour stomach.
Prevention: 200mg within ½ hour before eating/drinking. Relief: 200mg once daily as needed. Max 400mg/day.
Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
May potentiate anticoagulants, phenytoin, theophylline, lidocaine, triazolam, and others by inhibition of hepatic microsomal enzymes.
Tabs—6, 30, 50, 70; Susp—12oz (w. dose cup)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder Associated With ADHD and Female Gender
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Symptom Trajectories Vary According to Language Development in Autism
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children