TACLONEX OINTMENT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcipotriene (as hydrate) 0.005% + betamethasone dipropionate 0.064%.
LEO Pharma Inc.
Indications for TACLONEX OINTMENT:
Apply to affected areas once daily for up to 4 weeks. 12–17yrs: max 60g/wk. ≥18yrs: max 100g/wk. Limit treatment area to 30% body surface area. Do not occlude.
Discontinue if hypercalcemia or hypercalciuria develop; may resume once calcium metabolism has normalized. Discontinue or reduce dose or potency if HPA axis suppression, Cushing's syndrome, hyperglycemia, or irritation occurs. Do not use on face, axillae, or groin, or if atrophy is present at treatment site. Avoid eyes, sun, UV light (eg, phototherapy). Treat infection if present. Allergic contact dermatitis. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Vit. D3 derivative + topical steroid.
Systemic absorption potentiated by other corticosteroids.
Oint: pruritus, scaly rash. Susp: folliculitis, burning sensation of skin.
Oint—60g, 100g; Susp—60g, 2x60g
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses