SYNVISC ONE Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hylan G-F 20 (hylan A and hylan B) 48mg; per 6mL; soln for intra-articular inj.
Sanofi Genzyme Company
Indications for SYNVISC ONE:
Treatment of pain in osteoarthritis of the knee in patients who have failed to respond adequately to conservative nonpharmacologic therapy and simple analgesics (eg, acetaminophen).
Remove synovial fluid or effusion before inj. Give as a single intra-articular inj. 6mL in one knee only.
Knee joint infections. Skin diseases or infections in area of the inj site.
Avian protein, feathers, or egg allergy. Severely inflamed knee joints. Lymphatic or venous stasis in leg. Advise patients to avoid strenuous activities for approx. 48 hrs following inj. Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not established.
Avoid use of disinfectants containing quaternary ammonium salts; hyaluronan can precipitate in their presence. Concomitant other intra-articular inj: not studied.
Arthralgia, arthritis, arthropathy, inj site pain, gait disturbance; joint effusion, stiffness, swelling, warmth, pain.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age