SYNVISC ONE Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hylan G-F 20 (hylan A and hylan B) 48mg; per 6mL; soln for intra-articular inj.
Sanofi Genzyme Company
Indications for SYNVISC ONE:
Treatment of pain in osteoarthritis of the knee in patients who have failed to respond adequately to conservative nonpharmacologic therapy and simple analgesics (eg, acetaminophen).
Remove synovial fluid or effusion before inj. Give as a single intra-articular inj. 6mL in one knee only.
Knee joint infections. Skin diseases or infections in area of the inj site.
Avian protein, feathers, or egg allergy. Severely inflamed knee joints. Lymphatic or venous stasis in leg. Advise patients to avoid strenuous activities for approx. 48 hrs following inj. Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not established.
Avoid use of disinfectants containing quaternary ammonium salts; hyaluronan can precipitate in their presence. Concomitant other intra-articular inj: not studied.
Arthralgia, arthritis, arthropathy, inj site pain, gait disturbance; joint effusion, stiffness, swelling, warmth, pain.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Sleep Apnea Implant Device Receives FDA Approval
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Dysfunction a Sign of Prodromal Parkinson Disease
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Bipolar Depression Benefits From Midday Bright Light Therapy