Generic Name and Formulations:
Lidocaine 70mg, tetracaine 70mg; topical patch.
Galen US Inc.
Indications for SYNERA:
For local dermal analgesia for superficial venous access and superficial dermatological procedures (eg, excision, electrodessication, shave biopsy of skin lesions).
Adults and Children:
<3yrs: see full labeling. Apply to intact skin. ≥3yrs: Prior to venipuncture or IV cannulation: apply for 20–30 mins. Superficial dermatological procedures (eg, excision, shave biopsy): apply for 30 mins prior to procedure. Remove patch if irritation or burning sensation occurs. Do not cut patches or remove top cover (may cause thermal injury). Do not cover holes on top side of patch.
Avoid simultaneous or sequential application or for longer than recommended. Severe hepatic disease or pseudocholinesterase deficiency. Avoid eyes, mucous membranes, broken or inflamed skin, inadvertent trauma (eg, scratching, rubbing, exposure to extreme temperatures). Remove before undergoing MRI (contains iron powder). Effect on intradermal live vaccines unknown. Congenital or idiopathic methemoglobinemia. Acutely ill or debilitated. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Toxicity potentiated by Class I antiarrhythmics (eg, tocainide, mexiletine), other local anesthetics.
Local reactions (eg, erythema, blanching, edema), anaphylactoid reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses