Generic Name and Formulations:
Lidocaine 70mg, tetracaine 70mg; topical patch.
Galen US Inc.
Indications for SYNERA:
For local dermal analgesia for superficial venous access and superficial dermatological procedures (eg, excision, electrodessication, shave biopsy of skin lesions).
Adults and Children:
<3yrs: see full labeling. Apply to intact skin. ≥3yrs: Prior to venipuncture or IV cannulation: apply for 20–30 mins. Superficial dermatological procedures (eg, excision, shave biopsy): apply for 30 mins prior to procedure. Remove patch if irritation or burning sensation occurs. Do not cut patches or remove top cover (may cause thermal injury). Do not cover holes on top side of patch.
Avoid simultaneous or sequential application or for longer than recommended. Severe hepatic disease or pseudocholinesterase deficiency. Avoid eyes, mucous membranes, broken or inflamed skin, inadvertent trauma (eg, scratching, rubbing, exposure to extreme temperatures). Remove before undergoing MRI (contains iron powder). Effect on intradermal live vaccines unknown. Congenital or idiopathic methemoglobinemia. Acutely ill or debilitated. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Toxicity potentiated by Class I antiarrhythmics (eg, tocainide, mexiletine), other local anesthetics.
Local reactions (eg, erythema, blanching, edema), anaphylactoid reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders