Generic Name and Formulations:
Sodium sulfate 17.5g, potassium sulfate 3.13g, magnesium sulfate 1.6g; per 6oz of soln.
Braintree Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for SUPREP:
Bowel cleansing before colonoscopy.
Start the evening before colonoscopy: dilute 1 bottle to 16oz with water and drink entire amount. Drink 32oz of water over the next hour. Next morning: repeat using the second bottle. Complete prep at least 1 hour before colonoscopy.
GI obstruction or perforation. Gastric retention. Toxic colitis. Toxic megacolon. Ileus.
Maintain adequate hydration. Correct electrolyte abnormalities before use. Renal impairment; monitor baseline and post-colonoscopy electrolytes, creatinine, BUN. History of QT prolongation, uncontrolled arrhythmias, recent MI, unstable angina, CHF, or cardiomyopathy: increased risk of arrhythmias; consider ECGs at pre-dose and post-colonoscopy. Gout. Seizure. Inflammatory bowel disease. Severe ulcerative colitis. Impaired gag reflex. Risk of regurgitation or aspiration. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant diuretics, ACE inhibitors, ARBs, NSAIDs; may affect renal function. Drugs that may lower the seizure threshold (eg, tricyclic antidepressants), alcohol or benzodiazepine withdrawal, known or suspected hyponatremia: may increase risk of seizures. Caution with drugs that may increase risk of electrolyte abnormalities, arrhythmias or QT prolongation. Drugs administered within 1 hour of start of Suprep may not be absorbed.
Overall discomfort, abdominal distention and pain, nausea, vomiting; transient elevated uric acid, mucosal ulcerations and ischemic colitis.
Bowel prep kit—1 (2 x 6oz bottles of soln w. mixing container)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?