SUPPRELIN LA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Histrelin acetate 50mg; SC implant.
Indications for SUPPRELIN LA:
Treatment of central precocious puberty.
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: Insert 1 implant SC in the inner aspect of the upper arm. Remove after 12 months; may replace. Consider discontinuing at appropriate time point for onset of puberty.
Use aseptic technique. Monitor for psychiatric symptoms. History of seizures/epilepsy, cerebrovascular disorders, CNS anomalies or tumors: risk of convulsions. Monitor LH, FSH, and estradiol or testosterone at 1 month post implantation, then every 6 months thereafter. Assess height and bone age every 6–12 months.
May interfere with pituitary gonadotropic and gonadal function tests. Caution with concomitant drugs that are associated with convulsions (eg, bupropion, SSRIs).
Implant site reactions (eg, bruising, pain, soreness, erythema, swelling), initial worsening of signs/symptoms.
Kit—1 (w. implant and insertion tool)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders