SUPPRELIN LA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Histrelin acetate 50mg; SC implant.
Indications for SUPPRELIN LA:
Treatment of central precocious puberty.
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: Insert 1 implant SC in the inner aspect of the upper arm. Remove after 12 months; may replace. Consider discontinuing at appropriate time point for onset of puberty.
Use aseptic technique. Monitor for psychiatric symptoms. History of seizures/epilepsy, cerebrovascular disorders, CNS anomalies or tumors: risk of convulsions. Monitor LH, FSH, and estradiol or testosterone at 1 month post implantation, then every 6 months thereafter. Assess height and bone age every 6–12 months.
May interfere with pituitary gonadotropic and gonadal function tests. Caution with concomitant drugs that are associated with convulsions (eg, bupropion, SSRIs).
Implant site reactions (eg, bruising, pain, soreness, erythema, swelling), initial worsening of signs/symptoms.
Kit—1 (w. implant and insertion tool)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses
- Autism Spectrum Disorders Associated With Depression in Young Adults
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Smartphone-Based Psychoeducational Programs May Be Effective for Bipolar Disorder Management