Generic Name and Formulations:
Protein (sodium, calcium caseinate), carbohydrate (corn maltodextrin, sucrose), fat (soy oil, high oleic safflower oil), vitamins, minerals; low residue; vanilla flavor; lactose- and gluten-free.
Indications for SUPLENA:
Supplemental or sole-source feeding for patients with chronic or acute kidney failure who are not receiving dialysis.
Adults and Children:
Provides 475Cal/8oz (2000Cal/L). May give orally or via feeding-tube.
Low-protein medical nutritional supplement.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- FDA Approves New Treatment for Opioid Dependence
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Smartphone-Based Psychoeducational Programs May Be Effective for Bipolar Disorder Management
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Risk Factors for Recurrent Suicide Attempts in Substance Use Disorder Outpatients