SUPARTZ FX Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Sodium hyaluronate 25mg/2.5mL; soln for intra-articular inj.
Indications for SUPARTZ FX:
Osteoarthritis of the knee in patients who have failed nonpharmacologic therapy and analgesics (eg, acetaminophen).
Prior to treatment: remove joint effusion, if present. Local anesthetic (eg, lidocaine) by SC inj may be recommended prior to inj. Inject 2.5mL intra-articularly in each affected knee weekly for 5 weeks. Use separate syringes for each knee.
Infection or skin disease at inj site.
Treatment cycle <3 injections: not established. Avian protein, feather, egg allergy. Avoid strenuous activity within 48hrs after injection. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid disinfectants with quaternary ammonium salts. Concomitant other intra-articular injectables: not established.
Arthralgia, arthropathy/arthrosis/arthritis, back pain, pain, inj site reaction/pain, headache.
Single-use prefilled syringes—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder Associated With ADHD and Female Gender
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Symptom Trajectories Vary According to Language Development in Autism
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children