SUDAFED SINUS & ALLERGY OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorpheniramine maleate 4mg, pseudoephedrine HCl 60mg; per tab.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for SUDAFED SINUS & ALLERGY:
Rhinorrhea, nasal congestion, allergy symptoms.
1 tab every 4–6 hours as needed; max 4 doses/24hrs.
<6yrs: individualize. 6–11yrs: ½ tab every 4–6 hours as needed; max 4 doses/24hrs.
Within 14 days of MAOIs.
Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Glaucoma. Diabetes. GI or GU obstruction. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers may increase pressor response of sympathomimetics. Alcohol, other CNS depressants potentiated. Antagonizes antihypertensives.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, excitability in children.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder Associated With ADHD and Female Gender
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Symptom Trajectories Vary According to Language Development in Autism
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children
- Addressing the Uncertainties of the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program for Medical School Graduates