SUDAFED PE OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Phenylephrine HCl 10mg; tabs.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for SUDAFED PE:
1 tab every 4hrs as needed; max 6 doses/day.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. GI or GU obstruction. Children's: sodium-restricted diet.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized.
Nervousness, dizziness, insomnia.
Tabs—18, 36, 72; Children's liq—4oz
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of ADHD Relatively Stable Over Time Despite Increase in Diagnoses
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Evidence of Methylphenidate Abuse: Characterizing Patterns of Use in Pediatric and Adult Populations
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- Most Patients Comfortable With Clinicians Asking About Sexual Orientation
- Peer-to-Peer Depression Awareness Program May Be Beneficial
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders