Generic Name and Formulations:
Sacrosidase 8500 IU/mL; oral soln.
QOL Medical, LLC
Indications for SUCRAID:
Oral replacement therapy of the genetically determined sucrase deficiency, which is part of congenital sucrase-isomaltase deficiency.
<5months: not recommended. ≥5months: ≤15kg: 8500 IU per meal or snack. >15kg: 17000 IU per meal or snack. Dilute dose with 2–4 ounces of water, milk, or infant formula. Serve cold or at room temp; do not warm up or heat liquid before or after addition of Sucraid. Give half the dose at the beginning of the meal/snack and the remainder during meal/snack.
Hypersensitivity to yeast, glycerin, papain.
Administer initial dose near facility where acute hypersensitivity reactions can be treated; discontinue if hypersensitivity occurs. Diabetes. Evaluate for dietary starch restriction. Secondary disaccharidase deficiencies. Pregnancy (Cat. C).
Do not reconstitute or consume with fruit juice; acidity reduces enzyme activity.
Abdominal pain, GI upset, constipation, insomnia, headache, nervousness, dehydration; rare: wheezing.
Soln (118mL)—2 bottles (w. measuring scoops)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders