Extended-release naltrexone maintained abstinence from heroin and other illicit substances.
Firearm violence disproportionately affects adolescents in minority populations in large US cities.
Researchers found only 1 percent of patients prescribed medication still took opioids one year after hospital discharge.
Acute exposure to ethanol led to antidepressant and anxiolytic behaviors in rodents for up to 24 hours.
Researchers find heavy users have lower bone density than cigarette smokers.
Autism is a heritable neurodevelopmental disorder that is approximately 4 times more prevalent in males than females.
Cigarette smoking prevalence among persons with severe mental illness is approximately 3 times greater than the rate observed in the general population.
In America, deaths associated with opioid use increased more than five-fold over the past 25 years.
CDC rank alcohol-attributable mortality as the third leading cause of preventable death in the United States.
More than 6 million Americans older than 12 had illegally used prescription medications in the previous month.
No application is currently available to connect carriers of naloxone with nearby opioid overdose victims.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Cost-Effectiveness of Atomoxetine for Treating Children with ADHD
- Efficacy of Drugs for Psychosis, Relapse Prevention for Bipolar Depression, Mania
- No Evidence of Cognitive Impairment With Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate in ADHD
- Differential Testosterone Levels in Men, Women With Schizophrenia
- Intervention Improves Quality of Life, Agitation in Nursing Home Patients With Dementia
- Substance-Induced Psychosis Associated With Development of Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder
- Neuropsychiatric Events May Be Linked to Nitrated Nucleosome Levels in Lupus
- New APA Guideline Recommendation for Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder
- Reducing PTSD Symptoms: Propranolol Before Reactivation Therapy
- Cannabis Use Associated With Subsequent Psychotic Experiences in Adolescents
- Antidepressants More Effective Than Placebo for Acute Depression in Adults
- Positive Beliefs About Age May Protect Older Adults Against Dementia
- Electrical Stimulation of Amygdala May Improve Long-Term Memory
- Negative Symptoms of Schizophrenia May Be Reduced With MIN-101
- Apathy: An Important Predictor of Employment in Huntington Disease