Extended-release naltrexone maintained abstinence from heroin and other illicit substances.
Firearm violence disproportionately affects adolescents in minority populations in large US cities.
Researchers found only 1 percent of patients prescribed medication still took opioids one year after hospital discharge.
Acute exposure to ethanol led to antidepressant and anxiolytic behaviors in rodents for up to 24 hours.
Researchers find heavy users have lower bone density than cigarette smokers.
Autism is a heritable neurodevelopmental disorder that is approximately 4 times more prevalent in males than females.
Cigarette smoking prevalence among persons with severe mental illness is approximately 3 times greater than the rate observed in the general population.
In America, deaths associated with opioid use increased more than five-fold over the past 25 years.
CDC rank alcohol-attributable mortality as the third leading cause of preventable death in the United States.
More than 6 million Americans older than 12 had illegally used prescription medications in the previous month.
No application is currently available to connect carriers of naloxone with nearby opioid overdose victims.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Childhood-Onset Bipolar Disorder Associated With Impaired Family Functioning
- Valproate Use in Women Who Could Become Pregnant: The Argument for Informed Consent
- Hospitalization Rates in Schizophrenia—Lurasidone vs Quetiapine
- Ketamine-Induced Dissociative Symptoms Predict Antidepressant Response
- Review Examines the Effectiveness of Antidepressants for Insomnia
- Video Games and Exercise as Alternative Therapies for ADHD
- How Parents Can Enhance Autism Treatment: Use of Intervention Strategies at Home
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Effective in Children With Autism
- Comorbid Autism Spectrum Disorder and OCD: Challenges in Diagnosis and Treatment
- The Cutting Edge of Schizophrenia Research: VR as Treatment for Psychosis
- Consensus Statement: Managing Bipolar Disorder During and After Pregnancy
- Verbal Memory Linked to Temporal Lobe Thickness in First-Degree Relatives of Those With Schizophrenia
- Associations Between Maternal Depression, Support, and Cognitive Development in Offspring
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Effects of the 2 Types of Anorexia Nervosa on Bone Metabolism