While workplace stress is common, here are signs to warn patients that it may be affecting their mental health.
In pediatric patients, poor sleep quality partially mediates PTSS and chronic pain relationships.
Stress is the key link between occupation and presentation of mental illness.
High stress can lead to the weakening of the immune system.
The PLISSIT model offers a method for introducing sexual health into the clinical conversation.
Researchers used MRI to detect variations in neural connections among earthquake survivors.
Individuals with a history of abuse experience higher levels of pain, anxiety, and depression.
Genetic variation can increase the predisposition to major depressive disorder.
Childhood is a critical developmental period in the brain's response to traumatic stress such as family adversity.
Early life trauma interacts with FKBP5 genotype to predict heavy alcohol consumption in college students.
Preventing Transgenerational Effects of Paternal Trauma
The Need For a Better Screening Tool
Meeting the Needs of a Vulnerable Population
Involvement of Hippocampal Neurogenesis in Fear Memory Overgeneralization Following Exposure to Traumatic Stress
Urban birth, upbringing, and residence are associated with an increased risk of developing a neuropsychiatric disorder.
Considering pre-surgery emotional distress is crucial to post-operative outcomes.
Extreme trauma affects FKBP5 methylation in survivors of the Holocaust as well as in their offspring.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Cost-Effectiveness of Atomoxetine for Treating Children with ADHD
- Efficacy of Drugs for Psychosis, Relapse Prevention for Bipolar Depression, Mania
- No Evidence of Cognitive Impairment With Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate in ADHD
- Differential Testosterone Levels in Men, Women With Schizophrenia
- Intervention Improves Quality of Life, Agitation in Nursing Home Patients With Dementia
- Substance-Induced Psychosis Associated With Development of Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder
- Neuropsychiatric Events May Be Linked to Nitrated Nucleosome Levels in Lupus
- New APA Guideline Recommendation for Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder
- Reducing PTSD Symptoms: Propranolol Before Reactivation Therapy
- Cannabis Use Associated With Subsequent Psychotic Experiences in Adolescents
- Antidepressants More Effective Than Placebo for Acute Depression in Adults
- Positive Beliefs About Age May Protect Older Adults Against Dementia
- Electrical Stimulation of Amygdala May Improve Long-Term Memory
- Negative Symptoms of Schizophrenia May Be Reduced With MIN-101
- Apathy: An Important Predictor of Employment in Huntington Disease