While workplace stress is common, here are signs to warn patients that it may be affecting their mental health.
In pediatric patients, poor sleep quality partially mediates PTSS and chronic pain relationships.
Stress is the key link between occupation and presentation of mental illness.
High stress can lead to the weakening of the immune system.
The PLISSIT model offers a method for introducing sexual health into the clinical conversation.
Researchers used MRI to detect variations in neural connections among earthquake survivors.
Individuals with a history of abuse experience higher levels of pain, anxiety, and depression.
Genetic variation can increase the predisposition to major depressive disorder.
Childhood is a critical developmental period in the brain's response to traumatic stress such as family adversity.
Early life trauma interacts with FKBP5 genotype to predict heavy alcohol consumption in college students.
Preventing Transgenerational Effects of Paternal Trauma
The Need For a Better Screening Tool
Meeting the Needs of a Vulnerable Population
Involvement of Hippocampal Neurogenesis in Fear Memory Overgeneralization Following Exposure to Traumatic Stress
Urban birth, upbringing, and residence are associated with an increased risk of developing a neuropsychiatric disorder.
Considering pre-surgery emotional distress is crucial to post-operative outcomes.
Extreme trauma affects FKBP5 methylation in survivors of the Holocaust as well as in their offspring.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Cardioprotective Treatment May Reduce Adverse Effects in Schizophrenia
- The Challenges of Identifying Biomarkers of Psychiatric Illness
- FDA Approves Powerful New Opioid Despite Criticisms
- Impulsivity in Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, ADHD
- Oral Therapy for Suicidal Bipolar Depression Gets Breakthrough Designation
- Cannabis Use in Adolescence Associated With Poorer Mental Health Outcomes
- Updates in Borderline Personality Disorder: Your Questions Answered
- Violent Video Games Tied to Physical Aggression
- Shame Drives Suicidal Ideation Among Veterans With PTSD
- Long-term Healthy Diet Associated With Greater Hippocampal Volumes
- FDA to Ban Most Flavored Electronic Cigarettes
- Predictors of CBT Outcomes Identified in Youths With Anxiety Disorders
- Happy Childhood Memories Associated With Better Health
- FDA Launches MyStudies Mobile App in Effort to Increase Access to Real World Patient Data
- Heart Rate Variability Predicts Treatment Response in Anxious Depression