The PLISSIT model offers a method for introducing sexual health into the clinical conversation.
Researchers used MRI to detect variations in neural connections among earthquake survivors.
Individuals with a history of abuse experience higher levels of pain, anxiety, and depression.
Genetic variation can increase the predisposition to major depressive disorder.
Childhood is a critical developmental period in the brain's response to traumatic stress such as family adversity.
Early life trauma interacts with FKBP5 genotype to predict heavy alcohol consumption in college students.
Preventing Transgenerational Effects of Paternal Trauma
The Need For a Better Screening Tool
Meeting the Needs of a Vulnerable Population
Involvement of Hippocampal Neurogenesis in Fear Memory Overgeneralization Following Exposure to Traumatic Stress
Urban birth, upbringing, and residence are associated with an increased risk of developing a neuropsychiatric disorder.
Considering pre-surgery emotional distress is crucial to post-operative outcomes.
Extreme trauma affects FKBP5 methylation in survivors of the Holocaust as well as in their offspring.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Naltrexone-Assisted Detox vs Buprenorphine Taper for Opioid Dependence
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention: Cross-Cultural Perspectives
- Pediatric Patients Should Undergo Electrocardiogram Assessment Before Antipsychotic Treatment
- Which Antidepressants May Cause Birth Defects?
- Health Effects and Therapeutic Benefits of Cannabis