Patients' health can be affected by medical discrimination based on their size.
Childhood adversity has a profound impact on perceived pain severity in female FM/CWP patients with PTSD symptoms.
Psychological distress is linked to the risk of coronary events and mortality.
High levels of anxiety and depression in patients with facial acne are not related to oxidative stress.
Cognitive co-activation is associated with a significantly smaller levodopa effect on resting tremor in Parkinson's disease.
Prolonged work-related stress in men has been tied to increased chances of cancer.
Anxiety, depression and other types of psychological distress may have a positive correlation with postoperative pain.
Relationship of trauma memories to other PTSD symptoms offers early intervention potential.
Brief mindfulness meditation reduces difference between late positive potential response to negative high arousing, neutral stimuli.
Effective strategies for managing physician burnout include mindfulness and stress-management training, as well as shorter workdays.
Researchers investigated the connection between early life stress and telomere length.
Genetic variation can increase the predisposition to major depressive disorder.
An estimated 20-60% of patients with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) have comorbid anxiety and/or depression.
Childhood is a critical developmental period in the brain's response to traumatic stress such as family adversity.
Early life trauma interacts with FKBP5 genotype to predict heavy alcohol consumption in college students.
Preventing Transgenerational Effects of Paternal Trauma
In those suffering from clinical depression, two inflammatory markers, CRP and IL-6, were found to be elevated by up to 50%.
Research identifies link between high levels of perceived stress and mild cognitive impairment.
Stress is the number one predictor for burnout among physicians, though spending time with family can alleviate the stress.
Individual factors explain considerable proportion of mental distress, depression, emotional exhaustion.
If mindfulness was a stock, would you be buying or selling?
Nonpharmacologic management with multidisciplinary teams warranted due to lack of effective pharmacologic options.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder