Stigma & Discrimination
Almost half (49.2%) of patients diagnosed with schizophrenia spectrum disorders report alienation/shame.
The prejudice was seen across racial and ethnic groups, and participants' most common reason for being discriminated against was their mental illness.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Alzheimer's Disease is a Significant Risk Factor for Major Hip Fracture
- No Cognitive Benefit to Long-term Weight Loss in Overweight, Obese Adults
- Opioid Overdoses a Leading Cause of Death in Rural Areas
- Depression High Among Medical Students
- Evidence Against Palliative Care in Long-term Eating Disorders