Stigma & Discrimination
Almost half (49.2%) of patients diagnosed with schizophrenia spectrum disorders report alienation/shame.
The prejudice was seen across racial and ethnic groups, and participants' most common reason for being discriminated against was their mental illness.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Naltrexone-Assisted Detox vs Buprenorphine Taper for Opioid Dependence
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention: Cross-Cultural Perspectives
- Pediatric Patients Should Undergo Electrocardiogram Assessment Before Antipsychotic Treatment
- Which Antidepressants May Cause Birth Defects?
- Best Practices for Treatment of Bipolar Disorder