Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcipotriene (as monohydrate) 0.005%; foam.
Stiefel Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for SORILUX:
Topical treatment of plaque psoriasis of the scalp and body.
≥18yrs: Apply a thin layer twice daily to affected areas and gently rub in completely. Apply to scalp when the hair is dry.
<18yrs: not established.
Not for oral, ophthalmic, or intravaginal use. Discontinue if hypercalcemia occurs (until normocalcemia returns). Avoid eyes, excessive sunlight, phototherapy. Flammable. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Vit. D3 analog.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- Ketamine in Electroconvulsive Therapy Accelerates Antidepressive Effects
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children