SOMA 250 CIV
Generic Name and Formulations:
Carisoprodol 250mg; tabs.
Mylan Specialty L.P.
Indications for SOMA 250:
Relief of acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions.
≥16yrs: 250mg–350mg 3 times daily and at bedtime. Max 2–3 weeks.
<16yrs: not recommended.
Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Drug abuse. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Sedative effects potentiated by alcohol, other CNS depressants. May be potentiated by CYP2C19 inhibitors (eg, omeprazole, fluvoxamine). May be antagonized by CYP2C19 inducers (eg, rifampin, St. John's Wort).
Muscle relaxant (central).
Dizziness, drowsiness, headache, GI upset, rash, tachycardia, orthostatic hypotension; rare idiosyncratic reactions (see literature).
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder