Generic Name and Formulations:
Minocycline (as HCl) 45mg, 90mg, 135mg; ext-rel tabs.
Medicis Pharmaceuticals Corp
Indications for SOLODYN:
Inflammatory lesions of non-nodular moderate to severe acne.
Swallow whole. Give once daily for up to 12 weeks. Dose based on weight: approximately 1mg/kg. 45–59kg: 45mg. 60–90kg: 90mg. 91–136kg: 135mg. Renal impairment: reduce dose or extend dosing intervals.
Not interchangeable with other minocycline products. Renal or hepatic impairment. Monitor blood, renal, or hepatic function. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antacids, iron, zinc, calcium, magnesium, urinary alkalinizers reduce absorption. Avoid penicillins, methoxyflurane, isotretinoin. Monitor PT with oral anticoagulants. May antagonize oral contraceptives.
Headache, fatigue, dizziness, GI upset, rash, increased BUN, hepatotoxicity, tinnitus, tooth discoloration, pseudotumor cerebri, photosensitivity, hyperpigmentation, autoimmune syndromes.
Tabs—30, 90, 100
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder