Generic Name and Formulations:
Diclofenac sodium 3%; gel; contains benzyl alcohol.
Indications for SOLARAZE:
Use lowest effective dose for shortest duration. Apply to lesions twice daily for 60–90 days.
Coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
Increased risk of serious cardiovascular events (including MI, stroke). Avoid in recent MI, severe heart failure; if necessary, monitor. History of ulcer disease and/or GI bleeding. Severe renal or hepatic impairment. Avoid sun and UV light. Aspirin allergy. Asthma. Avoid eyes, and open skin wounds, infections, or exfoliative dermatitis. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.B); avoid in 3rd trimester. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increased risk of GI events with concomitant aspirin or oral NSAIDs. Concomitant other topical medications or products (eg, sunscreens, cosmetics): not studied.
Pruritus, rash, contact dermatitis, dry skin, exfoliation, local pain, paresthesia; cardiovascular thrombotic events, edema, photosensitivity.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition