social anxiety disorder
Cognitive therapy is a more effective treatment for social anxiety disorder than paroxetine alone and than pill placebo.
Social anxiety disorder (SAD), also known as social phobia, is highly prevalent and is associated with a significant functional impairment.
Attention training teaches patients how to shift their focus away from unhelpful thoughts and feelings.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Depression High Among Medical Students
- Evidence Against Palliative Care in Long-term Eating Disorders
- Better Cognition for Older Adults Who Nap After Lunch
- Low-Dose Dexmedetomidine Reduces Postoperative Delirium in Older Patients
- Alzheimer's Disease is a Significant Risk Factor for Major Hip Fracture
- First-Episode Schizophrenia Approaches Aided by Guidelines Instrument
- Hypertension Onset in Older Population May Protect Against Dementia
- Preschoolers With Depression Show Reduced Response to Rewards
- Lithium Side Effects for Bipolar Disorder Lead to Lower Prescription Rates
- Predictors of Favorable Outcomes in First-Episode Psychosis Without Medication