SLOW FE PLUS FOLIC ACID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Iron, elemental 50mg (as ferrous sulfate 160mg), folic acid 0.4mg; sust-rel tabs.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for SLOW FE PLUS FOLIC ACID:
Iron deficiency and iron deficiency anemias.
Swallow whole. 1–2 tabs daily.
Hepatitis. Pancreatitis. Peptic ulcer or GI inflammation. Achlorhydria. Monitor hematocrit. Folic acid may mask pernicious anemia. Repeated blood transfusions. Elderly.
Inhibits tetracycline absorption.
Nausea, abdominal discomfort and pain, constipation, diarrhea, masks occult bleeding, black stools.
Slow Fe—30, 60, 90; Plus folic acid—20
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Neuroimaging Markers of Bipolar Disorder Risk for At-Risk Youth
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated
- Residents Should Take Advantage of Paid Time Off
- Outpatient Engagement May Lower Suicide Attempts in Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Prevalence of Alzheimer Disease, Related Dementia Set to Double