A high risk of OSA is common among older adults but is seldom investigated, though when it is investigated, it is almost always confirmed.
Despite the widespread use of antidepressants for treating insomnia, the evidence for their effectiveness remains limited.
This study had a sample size large enough to assess the effect of circadian disruption on mental health disorders, and was the first to objectively measure patterns of rest and activity (using accelerometers).
The presence of sleep disorders in children with chronic pain may result in greater pain levels and pain interference, a relationship that may in part be mediated by anxiety and depressive symptoms.
Information on characteristics and duration of particular insomnia types.
These findings may be helpful in developing treatment strategies for patients with past trauma and sleep disturbances to attenuate the possibility of future psychosis-like experiences.
Risk factors for poor sleep in menopause include depression and vasomotor symptoms.
For pediatric patients with chronic pain, PTSD symptoms may be linked with higher levels of pain intensity.
Sleep bruxism may be improved with onabotulinum toxin-A injections.
Wearing amber lenses rather than clear lenses for 2 hours before bedtime was associated with improved sleep for individuals with insomnia symptoms.
Disrupted sleep is linked to an increase in amyloid-β production in adults.
A growing body of research consistently shows that patients with schizophrenia often suffer from sleep disturbances.
Home sleep apnea tests are used to help diagnose obstructive sleep apnea in adults.
In pediatric patients, poor sleep quality partially mediates PTSS and chronic pain relationships.
The FDA has approved the Remede sleep system.
To date, it has not been clearly established whether sleep problems are a consequence of or a contributory factor to mental health disorders.
Digital CBT is associated with reductions in insomnia, for university students.
There is a greater risk in older adults with SDB for developing cognitive impairment.
For patients undergoing chemotherapy, participating in a Tibetan yoga program may result in short-term sleep quality benefits.
Impaired sleep and obesity may be caused by stress.
There is an established link between excessive daytime sleepiness and headache frequency.
Sedative-hypnotic medications daily dose threshold chart.
Patients with sleep apnea are more likely to use their CPAP after watching a video of themselves struggling to breathe.
Positive airway pressure therapy does not improve outcomes in patients with both sleep apnea and hypoxia related to pulmonary embolism.
A patient with persistent daytime sleepiness developed Stevens-Johnson Syndrome within 2 weeks of armodafinil use.
Suicide attempts and sleep in adults are associated with Internet addiction.
Six recommendations were developed to guide clinicians in diagnosing obstructive sleep apnea in adults.
Sleeping aids may be more appropriate for occasional sleeplessness than insomnia.
Addressing problems with sleep health may help prevent gestational diabetes.
Post-lunch napping is tied better cognition for older adults.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Childhood-Onset Bipolar Disorder Associated With Impaired Family Functioning
- Valproate Use in Women Who Could Become Pregnant: The Argument for Informed Consent
- Hospitalization Rates in Schizophrenia—Lurasidone vs Quetiapine
- Ketamine-Induced Dissociative Symptoms Predict Antidepressant Response
- Review Examines the Effectiveness of Antidepressants for Insomnia
- Video Games and Exercise as Alternative Therapies for ADHD
- How Parents Can Enhance Autism Treatment: Use of Intervention Strategies at Home
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Effective in Children With Autism
- Comorbid Autism Spectrum Disorder and OCD: Challenges in Diagnosis and Treatment
- The Cutting Edge of Schizophrenia Research: VR as Treatment for Psychosis
- Consensus Statement: Managing Bipolar Disorder During and After Pregnancy
- Verbal Memory Linked to Temporal Lobe Thickness in First-Degree Relatives of Those With Schizophrenia
- Associations Between Maternal Depression, Support, and Cognitive Development in Offspring
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Effects of the 2 Types of Anorexia Nervosa on Bone Metabolism