For pediatric patients with chronic pain, PTSD symptoms may be linked with higher levels of pain intensity.
Sleep bruxism may be improved with onabotulinum toxin-A injections.
Wearing amber lenses rather than clear lenses for 2 hours before bedtime was associated with improved sleep for individuals with insomnia symptoms.
Disrupted sleep is linked to an increase in amyloid-β production in adults.
A growing body of research consistently shows that patients with schizophrenia often suffer from sleep disturbances.
Home sleep apnea tests are used to help diagnose obstructive sleep apnea in adults.
In pediatric patients, poor sleep quality partially mediates PTSS and chronic pain relationships.
The FDA has approved the Remede sleep system.
To date, it has not been clearly established whether sleep problems are a consequence of or a contributory factor to mental health disorders.
Digital CBT is associated with reductions in insomnia, for university students.
There is a greater risk in older adults with SDB for developing cognitive impairment.
For patients undergoing chemotherapy, participating in a Tibetan yoga program may result in short-term sleep quality benefits.
Impaired sleep and obesity may be caused by stress.
There is an established link between excessive daytime sleepiness and headache frequency.
Sedative-hypnotic medications daily dose threshold chart.
Patients with sleep apnea are more likely to use their CPAP after watching a video of themselves struggling to breathe.
Positive airway pressure therapy does not improve outcomes in patients with both sleep apnea and hypoxia related to pulmonary embolism.
A patient with persistent daytime sleepiness developed Stevens-Johnson Syndrome within 2 weeks of armodafinil use.
Suicide attempts and sleep in adults are associated with Internet addiction.
Six recommendations were developed to guide clinicians in diagnosing obstructive sleep apnea in adults.
Sleeping aids may be more appropriate for occasional sleeplessness than insomnia.
Addressing problems with sleep health may help prevent gestational diabetes.
Post-lunch napping is tied better cognition for older adults.
Patients with psoriatic arthritis have higher levels of fatigue than patients with psoriasis treated with phototherapy or systemic treatment.
Those with depression had significantly more disturbed sleep quality, more daytime sleepiness, and had more problems sleeping due to restless leg syndrome.
Over 56% of the participants were still in full remission at 1-year follow-up.
Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation of the right secondary somatosensory motor cortex produces relief from chronic neuropathic orofacial pain.
Even changing sleep habits by 1 hour can make a big difference.
The study supports previous findings that hyperarousal of the inflammatory system may contribute to insulin resistance.
A Cochrane systematic review found a clear lack of evidence for pharmacologic guidance of sleep problems in dementia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Amisulpride May Be Most Effective Antipsychotic for Negative Symptoms in Schizophrenia
- Frustrations With Prior Authorization: A Thorn in the Side of Clinicians
- Efficacy of Drugs for Psychosis, Relapse Prevention for Bipolar Depression, Mania
- No Evidence of Cognitive Impairment With Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate in ADHD
- Plasma Autoantibodies Possible Biomarker for Schizophrenia
- Substance-Induced Psychosis Associated With Development of Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder
- Neuropsychiatric Events May Be Linked to Nitrated Nucleosome Levels in Lupus
- New APA Guideline Recommendation for Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder
- Reducing PTSD Symptoms: Propranolol Before Reactivation Therapy
- Cannabis Use Associated With Subsequent Psychotic Experiences in Adolescents
- Cognitive Enhancement Therapy Beneficial for Neurocognitive Function in Autism
- The Crisis of Physician Suicides: Past and Present
- Affective Temperaments in Bipolar Have a Significant Impact on Functional, Clinical Outcomes of Mania
- Ketamine: A Promising Agent for Managing Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Patterns of Healthcare Use Before Diagnosis of Psychotic Disorders in Young Adults