Generic Name and Formulations:
Metaxalone 800mg; scored tabs.
Indications for SKELAXIN:
Acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions.
800mg 3–4 times daily.
≤12yrs: not recommended.
Anemias. Significant renal or hepatic dysfunction.
Renal or hepatic impairment (monitor). Elderly. Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not recommended.
Alcohol, other CNS depressants potentiated. May cause false (+) Benedict's test.
Muscle relaxant (central).
Drowsiness, dizziness, headache, nervousness, GI upset, rash, jaundice, hemolytic anemia, leukopenia; rare: anaphylactoid reactions.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder