Generic Name and Formulations:
Diatrizoate meglumine 527mg, iodipamide meglumine 268mg; per mL; soln for intrauterine instillation; contains sodium 0.91mg/mL, organically bound iodine 380mg/mL.
Indications for SINOGRAFIN:
See literature for information on administration and radiography. Empty bladder before exam. 3–4mL administered in fractional doses of approx. 1mL are usually adequate to visualize the uterus; an additional 3–4mL will demonstrate the tubes. Total doses of 1.5–10mL have been used.
Pregnancy. During menstrual period. External genitalia or genital tract infection. Within 30 days of curettage or conization or within 6 months following termination of pregnancy.
Should be performed by personnel trained in diagnostic procedures that involve radiopaque diagnostic agents. Carcinoma of the uterus and/or uterine/tubes; possible dispersion of carcinogenic cells during procedure. History of asthma/allergy. Nursing mothers.
May interfere with thyroid tests.
Radiopaque contrast medium.
Dizziness, syncope, hypotension, chills, fever, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and tenderness, hypersensitivity reactions; rare: bradycardia, hypotension, cardiac arrest, death.
Single-dose vial (10mL)—10
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder