SIMILAC PM 60/40 OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Protein (whey protein concentrate, sodium caseinate), carbohydrate (lactose), fat (corn, coconut, soy oils), vitamins, minerals, iron 0.7mg/100Cal, taurine, L-carnitine. Whey:casein ratio is 60:40.
Indications for SIMILAC PM 60/40:
Feeding of infants with, or at risk of, hypocalcemia due to hyperphosphatemia, or with renal impairment who would benefit from lowered mineral intake.
Prepared as directed provides 20Cal/oz.
Additional iron supplementation is needed. Calcium, phosphorus, sodium supplementation may be needed for very low birth weight infants (<1500g birth weight).
Low iron infant formula.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder Associated With ADHD and Female Gender
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Symptom Trajectories Vary According to Language Development in Autism
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children
- Addressing the Uncertainties of the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program for Medical School Graduates