Generic Name and Formulations:
Brodalumab 210mg/1.5mL; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for SILIQ:
Moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis in adults who are candidates for systemic therapy or phototherapy and unresponsive to other systemic therapies.
Give by SC inj into thigh, abdomen (except for area around navel), outer area of upper arm; rotate inj sites. 210mg at Weeks 0, 1, and 2 followed by 210mg every 2 weeks. If adequate response not achieved after 12–16 weeks, consider discontinuing.
Must enroll patients in the Siliq REMS program; advise patients of the risk of suicidal ideation and behavior. History of depression or suicidality. May increase risk of infections. Chronic or history of recurrent infection: consider the risks and benefits. If a serious infection develops or is not responding to standard therapy, monitor closely and discontinue until resolves. Evaluate for TB infection prior to initiating; monitor for active TB during and after therapy. Patients with active TB infection: do not initiate. History of latent or active TB; consider anti-TB therapy prior to initiation. Discontinue if Crohn’s disease develops. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant live vaccines. Concomitant CYP450 substrates with a narrow therapeutic index (eg, warfarin, cyclosporine); monitor and consider adjusting dose.
Arthralgia, headache, fatigue, diarrhea, oropharyngeal pain, nausea, myalgia, inj site reactions, influenza, neutropenia, tinea infections.
Single-dose prefilled syringes—2
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder