Most Recent Articles by Sheila Jacobs
Depression is common in patients with axSpA and is associated with more severe disease activity and functional impairment.
Outcomes in systemic lupus erythematosus are largely influenced by level of poverty, type of neighborhood of residence, and chronic stress.
Investigators sought to determine the frequency of major depressive disorder in patients in epilepsy clinics.
Among the somatic comorbidities evaluated were acne, type 1 diabetes, Down syndrome, hypertension, inflammatory bowel diseases, inflammatory joint diseases, metabolic syndrome, obesity, pilonidal sinus, and thyroid disorders.
Increased triglyceride levels at midlife are predictive of the presence of β-amyloid 20 years later in cognitively healthy individuals.
More Articles by Sheila Jacobs
Depressive Symptoms Decreased When Using Treatment Methods Increasing Resilience for Hidradenitis SuppurativaJan 03,2018
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Healthcare Community Should Favor More Restrictive Alcohol Policies
- How to Respond to a Patient's Request for Prayer: A Clinician's Dilemma
- Major Barriers to Useful Risk Prediction Must Be Overcome to Reach the Full Potential of Big Data
- ACA Coverage Gains Include Workers Without Insurance
- Steps Provided for Discharging Patients From Practice