Most Recent Articles by Sheila Jacobs
Among the somatic comorbidities evaluated were acne, type 1 diabetes, Down syndrome, hypertension, inflammatory bowel diseases, inflammatory joint diseases, metabolic syndrome, obesity, pilonidal sinus, and thyroid disorders.
Increased triglyceride levels at midlife are predictive of the presence of β-amyloid 20 years later in cognitively healthy individuals.
Depressive Symptoms Decreased When Using Treatment Methods Increasing Resilience for Hidradenitis SuppurativaJan 03, 2018
In managing and treating HS, the methods that increase resilience may help decrease depressive symptoms.
The FAIR questionnaire may be useful to identify psychological stress in rheumatoid arthritis patients.
Treatment with biologic agents in psoriasis may reduce risk for depressive symptoms.
More Articles by Sheila Jacobs
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Childhood-Onset Bipolar Disorder Associated With Impaired Family Functioning
- Valproate Use in Women Who Could Become Pregnant: The Argument for Informed Consent
- Sertraline Effective for Treating Depression in Vascular Cognitive Impairment
- Hospitalization Rates in Schizophrenia—Lurasidone vs Quetiapine
- Ketamine-Induced Dissociative Symptoms Predict Antidepressant Response
- Video Games and Exercise as Alternative Therapies for ADHD
- How Parents Can Enhance Autism Treatment: Use of Intervention Strategies at Home
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Effective in Children With Autism
- Comorbid Autism Spectrum Disorder and OCD: Challenges in Diagnosis and Treatment
- The Cutting Edge of Schizophrenia Research: VR as Treatment for Psychosis
- Consensus Statement: Managing Bipolar Disorder During and After Pregnancy
- Verbal Memory Linked to Temporal Lobe Thickness in First-Degree Relatives of Those With Schizophrenia
- Associations Between Maternal Depression, Support, and Cognitive Development in Offspring
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Effects of the 2 Types of Anorexia Nervosa on Bone Metabolism