Flibanserin may improve some measures of sexual dysfunction in premenopausal women.
A clinician should also rule out the possibility that the dysfunction stems from a co-occurring medical or psychiatric condition, or substance abuse.
Awareness of adolescents' sexual history is essential in providing mental health treatment.
Researchers found that the brains of those with compulsive sexual behaviors "lit up" in the same way as drug addicts' brains.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- New ADHD Pharmacologic Treatments Needed But Few Are On the Way
- Exploring Diagnostic and Treatment Options for Agitation
- Increased Alzheimer's Disease Risk in Hospital-Treated Patients
- Early Bipolar Depression Response to Lurasidone Treatment
- Alzheimer's Disease Patients May Have Levels of Neuroinflammation
- Sleep Disorders Go Undiagnosed Among Many Black People
- Quetiapine-XR Effective on Depressive Symptoms, Substance Use Disorder
- Sleep Behavior, Irritability May Be an Early Symptom of Alzheimer's Disease
- Metabolic, Endocrine Profiles Examined in Long-term Schizophrenia Therapy
- Adolescents With Schizophrenia Prove Able to Tolerate Lurasidone