Men, including male physicians, are less likely than female physicians to seek medical treatment for their own health conditions.
Flibanserin may improve some measures of sexual dysfunction in premenopausal women.
A clinician should also rule out the possibility that the dysfunction stems from a co-occurring medical or psychiatric condition, or substance abuse.
Awareness of adolescents' sexual history is essential in providing mental health treatment.
Researchers found that the brains of those with compulsive sexual behaviors "lit up" in the same way as drug addicts' brains.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Bipolar Spectrum Disorder in Youth Predicted By New Risk Calculator
- Trait Anger Linked to Dangerous Behavior Among Drivers
- Newly Developed Depression Before Breast Cancer Diagnosis Can Increase Mortality Risk
- Treating Perinatal Mood Disorders: Web-Based Interventions Effective?
- Sleep Apnea Patients Inspired By Watching themselves to Continue CPAP
- Brexanolone: A Possible Novel Treatment in Severe Postpartum Depression
- Psychiatry Hospitalist Model Allows for More Patient, Family Time
- How Can Men Be Encouraged to Seek Help for Mental Health?
- Advice for Parents Whose Child Is Seeking Mental Health Treatment
- Better Outcomes With Lithium vs Quetiapine for Early Manic Episodes of Bipolar Disorder