A clinician should also rule out the possibility that the dysfunction stems from a co-occurring medical or psychiatric condition, or substance abuse.
Awareness of adolescents' sexual history is essential in providing mental health treatment.
Researchers found that the brains of those with compulsive sexual behaviors "lit up" in the same way as drug addicts' brains.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Depression High Among Medical Students
- Evidence Against Palliative Care in Long-term Eating Disorders
- Low-Dose Dexmedetomidine Reduces Postoperative Delirium in Older Patients
- Better Cognition for Older Adults Who Nap After Lunch
- Alzheimer's Disease is a Significant Risk Factor for Major Hip Fracture
- First-Episode Schizophrenia Approaches Aided by Guidelines Instrument
- Hypertension Onset in Older Population May Protect Against Dementia
- Preschoolers With Depression Show Reduced Response to Rewards
- Lithium Side Effects for Bipolar Disorder Lead to Lower Prescription Rates
- Predictors of Favorable Outcomes in First-Episode Psychosis Without Medication