A clinician should also rule out the possibility that the dysfunction stems from a co-occurring medical or psychiatric condition, or substance abuse.
Awareness of adolescents' sexual history is essential in providing mental health treatment.
Researchers found that the brains of those with compulsive sexual behaviors "lit up" in the same way as drug addicts' brains.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Sleep Disorders: How to Manage Headaches in Patients?
- Anxiety and ADHD in Patients With Single-Ventricle Congenital Heart Disease
- Alcohol Use Disorder Diagnosis Stable From DSM-IV to DSM-5
- Opioid Cravings Reduced by Medication from ER Visits
- Neuropsychiatric Symptoms in Patients With HCV Cured of Infection
- Naltrexone-Assisted Detox vs Buprenorphine Taper for Opioid Dependence
- Pediatric Patients Should Undergo Electrocardiogram Assessment Before Antipsychotic Treatment
- Best Practices for Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
- Health Effects and Therapeutic Benefits of Cannabis
- Benzodiazepines Increase Stroke Risk in Alzheimer's