A clinician should also rule out the possibility that the dysfunction stems from a co-occurring medical or psychiatric condition, or substance abuse.
Awareness of adolescents' sexual history is essential in providing mental health treatment.
Researchers found that the brains of those with compulsive sexual behaviors "lit up" in the same way as drug addicts' brains.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Addressing Common Nutritional Deficiencies in Autism
- Physical Activity During Midlife Influences Late Life Verbal Memory Performance
- Children With ADHD May Adapt More Poorly To Changes In Positive Reinforcement Patterns
- Functional Role of Adult-Born Neurons in Stress Vulnerability and Resilience
- "Drunkorexia" Linked To Both Eating and Substance Use Disorders
- Psychoeducation No More Effective Than Peer Support at Reducing Time to Next Bipolar Episode
- No Difference Between Omega-3 & Placebo in Patients at Ultrahigh Risk for Psychosis
- Smartphone Questionnaire Effective for Long-Term Monitoring of Mood Instability
- Prolactin-Related Symptoms Decrease with Reduced Risperidone Dosage
- Sport Psychiatry: An Emerging Specialty