Generic Name and Formulations:
Psyllium 500mg, sennosides 9mg; caps.
Indications for SENNAPROMPT:
Take with at least 8oz fluids. Five capsules once or twice daily.
Signs/symptoms of appendicitis. Intestinal obstruction. Fecal impaction.
Dysphagia. Rectal bleeding. Esophageal narrowing. Pregnancy: not recommended.
Bulk-forming + stimulant.
Separate dosing by at least 2 hours from other medications.
Esophageal, gastric, enteral, rectal obstruction, laxative dependence.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- FDA Approves New Treatment for Opioid Dependence
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Smartphone-Based Psychoeducational Programs May Be Effective for Bipolar Disorder Management
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Risk Factors for Recurrent Suicide Attempts in Substance Use Disorder Outpatients