Generic Name and Formulations:
Acrivastine 8mg, pseudoephedrine HCl 60mg; caps.
- Heavy Cigarette Smoking in Adolescence May Increase Risk for Psychosis
- Synthetic Cannabinoid Use May Mediate Length of Psychiatric Hospital Stay
- Adjunctive Raloxifene May Improve Psychotic Symptoms in Postmenopausal Women With Schizophrenia
Indications for SEMPREX-D:
Seasonal allergic rhinitis symptoms.
1 cap every 4–6 hours, max 4/day.
Severe hypertension or coronary artery disease. During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Hypertension. Diabetes. Ischemic heart disease. Increased intraocular pressure. Hyperthyroidism. GI or GU obstruction. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Renal impairment (CrCl ≤48mL/minute), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers may increase the pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Alcohol, other CNS depressants potentiated. Antagonizes antihypertensives.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
Somnolence, dry mouth, nervousness, insomnia, ephedrine-like reactions (tachycardia, palpitations, headache, dizziness, nausea).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders