Generic Name and Formulations:
Selenium sulfide 2.5%; lotion.
Indications for SELSUN:
Tinea versicolor, dandruff, seborrheic scalp dermatitis.
T. versicolor: apply once daily, lather with small amount of water, wait 10 minutes, rinse; repeat for 7 days. Dandruff, dermatitis: massage into wet scalp, wait 2–3 minutes, rinse; repeat. Use twice weekly for 2 wks, then as needed.
Avoid eyes, mucous membranes; acute inflammation or exudation (increases absorption). Rinse skin folds/genitals, wash hands thoroughly after use.
Irritation, sensitization, oily/dry scalp, increased hair loss.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age