SELRX SHAMPOO Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Selenium sulfide 2.3%; contains urea, zinc pyrithione.
Indications for SELRX SHAMPOO:
Seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp, dandruff, tinea versicolor.
Dermatitis, dandruff: massage and lather onto wet skin, rinse and dry; apply twice weekly for 2 weeks. T. versicolor: massage and lather onto wet skin, wait 10mins, rinse and dry; apply once daily for 7 days.
Avoid eyes, lips, mucous membranes. Discontinue if redness or irritation occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Skin irritation, increased hair loss, hair discoloration, oily/dry hair and scalp.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- FDA Approves New Treatment for Opioid Dependence
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Smartphone-Based Psychoeducational Programs May Be Effective for Bipolar Disorder Management
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Risk Factors for Recurrent Suicide Attempts in Substance Use Disorder Outpatients