Generic Name and Formulations:
Vit. A 1700 IU (as acetate and beta carotene), thiamine 1.6mg, riboflavin 1.8mg, niacinamide 15mg, pyridoxine 2.5mg, folic acid 1mg, Vit. B12 5mcg, Vit. C 60mg, Vit. D 400 IU, Vit. E 30 IU, iron (polysaccharide iron complex) 29mg, magnesium (as oxide) 25mg, zinc (as oxide) 15mg; caplets; mixed berry flavor; gluten-, lactose-, and iodine-free.
- Independent Risk Pathways Shown for Diabetes and Obesity in Adults With Serious Mental Illness
- Higher Risk for Traumatic Brain Injury Observed in Bipolar Disorder
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment Prevents Progression of Subclinical PTSD in Veterans
Indications for SELECT-OB:
Nutritional supplement during pregnancy, prenatal, and postnatal periods.
May be chewed or swallowed whole. 1 caplet daily.
Pernicious anemia. Hemochromatosis. Iron storage disease. Chronic hemolytic anemia. Pyridoxine responsive anemia. Liver cirrhosis.
Folic acid may mask pernicious anemia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of ADHD Relatively Stable Over Time Despite Increase in Diagnoses
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Evidence of Methylphenidate Abuse: Characterizing Patterns of Use in Pediatric and Adult Populations
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- Most Patients Comfortable With Clinicians Asking About Sexual Orientation
- Peer-to-Peer Depression Awareness Program May Be Beneficial
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders