Post mortem examination of human brain samples derived from individuals diagnosed with schizophrenia revealed widespread synaptic alterations in CA1 hippocampal subfield.
New findings provide insights about the neuroanatomy and neurophysiology of schizophrenia.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Bipolar Spectrum Disorder in Youth Predicted By New Risk Calculator
- Trait Anger Linked to Dangerous Behavior Among Drivers
- Newly Developed Depression Before Breast Cancer Diagnosis Can Increase Mortality Risk
- Treating Perinatal Mood Disorders: Web-Based Interventions Effective?
- Sleep Apnea Patients Inspired By Watching themselves to Continue CPAP
- Brexanolone: A Possible Novel Treatment in Severe Postpartum Depression
- Psychiatry Hospitalist Model Allows for More Patient, Family Time
- How Can Men Be Encouraged to Seek Help for Mental Health?
- Advice for Parents Whose Child Is Seeking Mental Health Treatment
- Better Outcomes With Lithium vs Quetiapine for Early Manic Episodes of Bipolar Disorder